After working for 15 years in the field of ergonomics (work psychology), in both academic and corporate IT settings, I felt called to retrain as a psychotherapist. I studied psychotherapy and counselling at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) in London. This is an in-depth 4-year integrative, transpersonal course, requiring 600 hours of client work.
I have continued to study and experience many psychotherapy approaches and tools, particularly stemming from the field of neuroscience, and am passionate about learning and self-development. More recently I have been drawn to energy psychology and healing approaches, leading to my qualification in Meta-Kinetics and to establishing my current dual practice, in Psychotherapy and Meta-Kinetics.
I combine a scientific background and logical approach with an intuitive, energy-informed way of working and continue to develop and integrate these different approaches into the way that I work.
Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development
- Bsc (Hons) Biology & Psychology (Ergonomics) (1990)
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills (2003)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (CCPE) (2004-2007)
- Mindful CBT & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Workshops
- Lifespan Integration Beginner & Advanced Workshops (2011-12)
- Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma: Level I-III Webinar Series by Janina Fisher
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Level I: Training in Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defences and Traumatic Memory) (2014-15)
- Meta-Health Practitioner (2017)
- Meta-Kinetics Practitioner (2017)
- Meta-Health Master Practitioner (2018)
- Crystal Healing Accredited Diploma Course (2018)
- Advanced Meta-Kinetics Practitioner (2018)
- EFT Practitioner Course with the Meta-Health Academy (2018)
- EFT Practitioner (EFTMRA Level 2) trained by EFT Founding Master Karl Dawson (2019)
- Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner, trained by Karl Dawson (2019)